Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme 2016-2017
Merit cum means scholarship Scheme 2016-2017 to students who belongs to minorities.
Name – Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme
Website – www.momascholarship.gov.in
No. of Scholarship:
Every year more than 20000 (Twenty Thousand) scholarships will be offered to the students who belongs to minority communities throughout India.
1. Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and PG level technical courses and professional courses from a recognized institution. The allowances will be credited direct into the student’s account.
2. 30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community in a state
3. Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical courses/professional courses on the basis of a competitive exam will be eligible for the financial assistance and students who get admission without facing any competitive exam will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students must have 50% marks at higher secondary or graduation level. Selection will be done strictly on merit basis.
4. Continuation of the scholarship assistance in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
5. Candidate under this scholarship scheme will not avail any other stipend for pursuing the course.
6. The annual income of the beneficiary or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
7. The state dept. will advertise the scheme every year by 31st March and receive the application through the concerned institutes.
8. The application for release of fund from the state dept. must be received in the Ministry by 30th of September every year.
9. The state dept. will maintain separate bank account relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry.
10. The no. of scholarship has been fixed state-wise on the basis of minority population of the states and UTs. The list of such institutions will be made available by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Click Here to Check the State-wise and Religion-wise Target
• Download the application form in a prescribed format and separate form for fresh and renewal
• 1 Passport size photograph with student signature
• Copy of educational certificates, diploma/degree
• Income proof certificate
• Permanent address proof certificate
• Complete filled applications form should be submit to the Secretary of the department of the concerned State Govt/UT administration
• The applicant should submit their application to their native state